About Me

My name is Spring Taylor. I'm a senior at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a focus in English. I feel called into the field of English because I had a bad experience as a high school student. I believe more can be done to make students better communicators--visually and verbally especially in high school. I love to read, write, and reflect on literature, as well as finding new ways to teach. Here's a sample of my professional blog for my EDM 310 course.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Voice

Giving each child the opportunity to express themselves in the classroom is one of the most important aspects of my own teaching philosophy. In order for a student to feel comfortable to ask questions and talk in my classroom, I will make sure that I am approachable. This means, I want them understand that it is alright to be wrong if you don't understand something as long as you are thinking. Asking questions is the best way to learn!

I also believe that differences in opinion is not necessarily a bad thing. By talking about different views, opinions, and perspectives students will learn tolerance. Recollecting on my favorite teachers, I respected those that respected their students and gave them space to learn from each other(within reason).

No comments:

Post a Comment