About Me

My name is Spring Taylor. I'm a senior at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a focus in English. I feel called into the field of English because I had a bad experience as a high school student. I believe more can be done to make students better communicators--visually and verbally especially in high school. I love to read, write, and reflect on literature, as well as finding new ways to teach. Here's a sample of my professional blog for my EDM 310 course.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Goal Setting in High School

So much of students' time in high school is based on planning for the future---taking the SAT/ACT, applying for college, looking for a job, etc. I think that making a habit of setting and working towards attainable goals is something that high students should be doing throughout their high school careers. For some students it may be passing their next algebra test, while others will be working towards the honor roll for the next quarter, either way making a habit of setting goals is important. If students are thinking ahead, they will be less likely to procrastinate or forget to do something as well as having higher expectations of themselves. Making a habit of working hard for an attainable goal is something I will encourage all of my students to do because it is something they will be able to use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment